Friday, April 25, 2014

A Book Reivew: A Tragic Heart

A Tragic Heart by S. Elle Cameron 
Taylor Caldwell is a sixteen year old who’s struggling with her own personal demons. Constantly feeling left out and struggling with depression, Taylor frequently looks toward the worst in life, with the exception of her high school crush, Mason. When assigned to a project with Mason, Taylor is surprised when their relationship grows much bigger than expected, and the young couple ultimately decides to marry. Disowned by her family yet saved from her old ways, Taylor soon enters the happiest time in her life…until it all begins to crumble. As her newfound life falls to pieces around her, Taylor must fight to find purpose or succumb to the darkness surrounding her because, as Mason states, "truth is we are all tragedies waiting to happen; we just have to remember to have the rescue crew nearby when it strikes."


SPOILERS AHEAD
I had the opportunity to receive a copy from the author in exchange for a completely honest review...

I have not once said this about a book, or a song, or a movie, or anything. This book just changed my life and the way I view things. Everyone is so absolutely broken in their own way, and now I understand that. Taylor, Mason, and Peyton's story is just so freakin crazy. At first I was kind of eh about it because Taylor and Mason get married at 17, but it got soooo much better. It's such a realistic story, however, over dramatic. It has just really opened my eyes. Love does not have an age, and every single relationship is different and is basically no one's business.
I totally did not see the end coming. I literally cried during the last 30-ish pages. Their story is just so tragically beautiful..
Fair warning: this book is extremely depressing. I don't know if I want to eat a dozen cupcakes or go to sleep.

My rating: 4.5/5

1 comment: